EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (These duties are a general description and are not all-inclusive)
- Select and plan class content, which may include stretching, improvisation, dance techniques, strength exercises or combinations. (Classes may include a warm up period).
- Give advice/guidance on:
Physical and spacial awareness, use of body to express artistic ideas, musicality (rhythm, feel etc), choreography skills, stage presentation and focus.
Knowledge of dance theory and terminology.
- Develops a yearly plan & presents it to the Project manager Principal for approval.
- Develops daily lesson plans and shares plan with the class assistants (if present).
- Selects all music and choreography of dance combinations.
- Design a recital program.
- Determine class skill and age levels with later adjustments as necessary.
- Select costumes.
- Solicit volunteers to assist with rehearsals and performance.
- Attend periodic staff meetings.
- Integrate annual recitals in conjunction with other PA instructors.
- Planning activities.
- Adapting teaching methods to meet student´s needs.
- Monitoring student´s performance.
- Responsible for the supervision of registered participants.
- Create a positive, safe & nurturing learning environment.
- Stresses fun, sportsmanship & teamwork.
- Support acting and singing tutors in terms of bringing movement skills to the other disciplines.
- Work with other staff to co-ordinate the end of term productions in terms of presentation, administrative/operational requirements.
- Maintains good working relationship with the participants, parents, staff & officials.
- Communicates well with project manager, participants, parents & staff about class information.
- Recruits participants.
- Motivates participants to commit to long-term participation.
- Develops rapport with members and respond to questions related to the specialty and/or other program services
- Prepare students for performances, exams, or assessments.
- Organize performance groups, and direct their rehearsals.
Passion for working with and inspiring young people.
- Must be passionate about the specialty.
- Previous experience of working with children aged (9-17)
- Three years of experience teaching dance
- At least 18 years of age
- Must be available to work on Friday& Saturday hours
- Demonstrates ability to work well with children and diverse populations.
- Ability to lead and communicate with children, parents and other staff.
- Strong ability to choreograph and teach within your styles.
- Flair for generating creative ideas and the ability to present them to others.
- A good working knowledge of the dance and performing arts industry.
- Enthusiasm, passion, patience, self-discipline
- Organization skills and self/time management skills.
- To be resourceful and adaptable, and the ability to solve problems
- Background in teaching youth sports, working with children and general knowledge of a variety of sports.
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule.
- Be flexible, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and creative and have a good sense of humor.
- Having good sense of quality music.
- Being able to control groups of pupils.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to demonstrate basic to intermediate steps in ballet, jazz, hip hop & lyrical.
- Previous experience coaching youth sports.
- Dance Degree
- Certification in a dance teaching method